Unsafe Products and Preventable Injuries
We assume the products we buy are safe. When they are not, defective products can cause injuries and deaths. These are called “product liability” cases, and include not only the actual product, but its instructions and/or warning labels. GARCIA & KARAM has handled cases that include:
- vehicle design
- prescription drugs
- medical devices
- children’s toys
- baby gear
- work lights
- Family Severely Injured By Defective Tires
- Prescription Drug Taken Off the Market
- $2 Tool Could Have Prevented Crash
- Tightening Rules for Medical Equipment Approval
- Common Household Item Results in Child’s Death
People before profits
In most cases, we discovered the manufacturer knew their products were dangerous. They could have been made safer, but shortcuts were taken to increase profits. If you suspect a defective product injured you or someone else, make sure it is not thrown away or returned. Talk to an experienced attorney and start the process to identify the problem and the manufacturer’s responsibility.
Getting rid of unsafe products
Justice may start with a successful verdict, but there is much more to achieve. Many defective products can still be found on shelves and in toy boxes. We have started two programs to help change this.
- Recall Roundup identifies products that have been or should be recalled.
- Safer World for Children helps parents and caregivers learn how to protect their kids from preventable harm or injury. www.saferworldforchildren.org
- OMG: Generic Drugs Off the Hook for Up-To-Date labeling
- Maximum Tylenol Dose Lowered
- Hip Replacements Lawsuits Growing
- Table Saw Amputations: Time for Cutting Edge Technology?
- Pool Hot Tub Drain Covers Recalled. One Million May be Rated Wrong