Auto Defects and Vehicle Safety
First and foremost, we are here to help you recover. But just as important is our desire for safer cars on the streets and fewer injuries or deaths. Garcia & Karam attorneys have handled some of the nation’s most publicized car defect cases. When manufacturers don’t put safety first in making or designing a car or truck, “product defects” can cause crashes that lead to serious injuries or even death.
- Lifted Truck Case Settles
- A Case Against Enterprise Rent-a-Car
- $2 Tool Could Have Prevented Crash
- Negligence Causes Deadly Accident
- Goodyear Tires and RVs a Dangerous Combination
- Time Warner Cable truck collision causes husband’s death
Holding Manufacturers Liable for Unsafe Cars
There are many kinds of manufacturer defects. For example, vehicles should:
- resist rolling over in accidents and hold up well if they do.
- have fuel tanks that don’t explode on impact.
- have seat belts that remain locked during impact to prevent brain and spinal cord injuries.
Vehicles can be safer
Car and truck safety is judged by its “crashworthiness”, or how well the vehicle protects you in an accident. This includes air bags, seat belts, interior padding, headrests and more. Even a repair shop or rental car company can be at fault. They may have fixed a car improperly or serviced it negligently. This could cause an accident.
Don’t let evidence be destroyed
Some of our cases have revealed that seat belts came unlocked upon impact; cars rolled over; and fuel tanks exploded when hit during a crash. Many times the auto involved in a crash is destroyed before being completely inspected. That is one reason it is important to contact a law firm soon after a serious accident. They can to talk to witnesses and keep the vehicle from being destroyed. Plus, if you wait too long, the law may not allow you to bring your case. If you suspect a product defect or negligence, Garcia & Karam can quickly help find out if you have a strong case.